Search This Blog

Manny Pacquiao's Exhibition Match


Manny Pacquiao getting his hands wrapped


Manny Pacquiao's fight against former super lightweight K-1 champion was as expected. The 45-year-old 8-time world champion lost much of his footwork and speed. And, not surprisingly, his stamina. 

I want to be optimistic, but I have no desire in watching a fight with 29-year-old WBC World Champion, Mario Barrios. 

Manny Pacquiao was one of the first Asian athletes that I looked up to. His story was awe-inspiring, coming from nothing to world superstar in sports. He has forever cemented his legacy as one of the greatest champions in history. 

Part of me still wants Manny to become champion again, but also part of me wants him to retire for good. A fighter cannot stop time and as time goes, he also gets older. He showed his age. 

The decision will be solely Manny's. We can only hope he makes the right one.



Rowan Scribner

Rowan Scribner covers the moments moving today’s conversations — from sports highlights to cultural trends — with a direct, analytical voice that keeps readers informed and engaged.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post